Tank Journal Archive

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I think This Is going to be my Next tank Looks great How do you find lights etc
I'm absolutely rapped in this tank, they're not cheap but they kill anything else with the quality components included (skimmer is brilliant). I think the lights are great, the coral seems to be doing fine under them.
In fact the Majano we have been discussing (pics above) has been growing really quickly.

Cheeko

Aug 3, 2011
Brisbane
I had them in my old tank i left them there as they didn't seem to bother anything and looked cool under my ecolamps when i had them
nothing really kills them i tried heaps stuff gave up left them there they were ok

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
My RO/DI unit arrived today. Started filling my drums.
Got a surprise though, thought I would test the RO water I had been buying at the LFS (50c L) and it had a reading of 120:mad: The same as my tap water at home:(. What a bloody ripoff.
Never mind, at least I know what I'm putting in the system now. :)
I would be asking for my money back :eek

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Is that one of my bright green zoos (centre, far left) and Xenia in your tank? What do you think of the zoo?

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
It sure is, it's even got a couple of 'buds' starting to grow at the base. It looks like it's going to grow into a great coral.
The Xenia is doing really well also, seems to be liking the tank.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Can't say I've really noticed it pulsing. I should watch it more. When I used the Iodide test kit, it didn't seem to be registering any levels so I started putting some in today. I'll check my levels tomorrow. The tank is running at 9dKH and 8.2 PH.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Chris, you would know what this is.
What's the zit like thing that has appeared on my candy cane. It looks like it is about to errupt.

Cheeko

Aug 3, 2011
Brisbane
Nar After Misses kept Pulling my Leg so Im picking up a 800x800x450 tank next sat
get pics up when i get it Shes a nice one