Reef Discussion

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
I'd like to come down if I can make it at that time. So, please count me in, but at the moment I can't fully commit.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
September 4th is Fathers Day - that may affect some. Any chance of making it the next weekend?
Hmmm good point, but being the only AFL free weekend for a fair while, I still think it might be worth it. Open to suggestions though, what do others think? People would likely be home for dinner on the 4th if that helps?

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
Count me in for the frag meet part of it at least, could possibly come for the whole event, make a little holiday out of it.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I have a couple of questions, which might be relevant to others flying in also.
Which airport should we fly into?
For a Friday arrival, would a morning flight, midday flight or afternoon flight suit whoever might be available to do a pickup?
And if we leave Sunday morning will a drop off be available?
I'm fine to wait at the airport till it suits someone - there's always a bar.
If I can find these things out I'll book my flights pretty soon.
I guess accommodation can be worked out once we're there. There maybe some chance to double up on some rooms to save a bit. (Everyone's seen "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" haven't they? o_0)
Fathers Day isn't a problem - my wife and kids told me it's no where near as important as Mothers Day so don't worry about missing it - haha.

E

ezza

It would be cool, we've got to go to QLD for a wedding at the beginning of September. So I guess if I can afford it!

E

ezza

12 months ago I would be all over this, with a 9 month old in the house my wifenow questions why I disappeared for so long walking to the fridge to get a drink
By then, your baby will be much older and your wife might like to have some ladies over for a girls' weekend!

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Could be good for a day and night - not sure about the stay over (I don't get weekend passes that often). Fathers day away - nope. But I can drive home Sat night. @Rob ??? you interested?

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I have a couple of questions, which might be relevant to others flying in also.
Which airport should we fly into?
For a Friday arrival, would a morning flight, midday flight or afternoon flight suit whoever might be available to do a pickup?
And if we leave Sunday morning will a drop off be available?
I'm fine to wait at the airport till it suits someone - there's always a bar.
If I can find these things out I'll book my flights pretty soon.
I guess accommodation can be worked out once we're there. There maybe some chance to double up on some rooms to save a bit. (Everyone's seen "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" haven't they? o_0)
Fathers Day isn't a problem - my wife and kids told me it's no where near as important as Mothers Day so don't worry about missing it - haha.

Totally fair questions, here are my answers.

*Avalon airport is closer, but Melbourne Tullamarine is not a problem either (is about 75mins drive is all)
*Arrive anytime Friday, I'll take a few days off before and after and will be available or have someone available to collect you.
*I will ensure you get a airport drop off Sunday anytime.
*I would likely join you at the bar anyway
*Depending on what level of accommodation your after, I am more than happy (and have clearance from wife) to have heaps here. We have a spare bedroom with queen bed, two lounge rooms with large couches and extra floor space, two bathrooms, two toilets and a big backyard if you want to camp out!

Cokey

Jul 24, 2013
Sounds great Sam, if I'm well enough i will definitely come.

For interstate flights i would have thought Avalon would be best as most from Melbourne will drive past it!

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Totally fair questions, here are my answers.

*Avalon airport is closer, but Melbourne Tullamarine is not a problem either (is about 75mins drive is all)
*Arrive anytime Friday, I'll take a few days off before and after and will be available or have someone available to collect you.
*I will ensure you get a airport drop off Sunday anytime.
*I would likely join you at the bar anyway
*Depending on what level of accommodation your after, I am more than happy (and have clearance from wife) to have heaps here. We have a spare bedroom with queen bed, two lounge rooms with large couches and extra floor space, two bathrooms, two toilets and a big backyard if you want to camp out!
All sounds great - I'll start hunting some times and prices.

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Hmmm good point, but being the only AFL free weekend for a fair while, I still think it might be worth it. Open to suggestions though, what do others think? People would likely be home for dinner on the 4th if that helps?
Do Mexicans put AFL ahead of Father's Day?

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
This is very exciting, I can't wait till September.

And yes, Father's Day doesn't rate in comparison to AFL. I'm not even a huge fan, but even I know this!!