Tank Journal Archive

Marine4life

Oct 27, 2012
Do you think that a trio of oscelarris clownfish will be too much, there is a 4 cm, a 3cm and a 5 cm

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Just from what I have seen and read a pair works best. Can't really help with wavemakers, my circulation is 2 x Sicce Voyager 8's with a controller to alternate on and off each side but doesn't do waves even though they call it a wave surfer.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
I just looked up the red coris wrasse and I it will grow too big for your tank (and mine!) minimum tank size recommended is 125Gallons/175 liters, they grow to over 30cm long.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
My tank is the aquaone aquareef 400L , there are some shots of the tank and pumps in my tank journal. Click on the paddling in the pool link.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Not sure on the size of your tank but I would say yes, once they get a bigger. I googled your tank but was a couple of models and wasn't sure what yours is, how many liters?

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
The pumps I use are too big for a nano, they really are chunky and take up a lot of room as well as putting out 12,500 lph. For my new nano I am going to get a tunze nano stream 6015 I think it is called, my tank has about 50L of water and the pump puts out 1800 so it might still be a bit much.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Ok I was looking at the right one then. Not sure on how big those 3 clowns get but I would only have 2 and no other fish, I'm only new to marines so just basing that on what I have read so far. In my nano I only plan on 2 fish and a shrimp, fish will be a coral goby and a bi-color blenny at this stage.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
I got my pumps and controller from Vebas Aquariums in Western Australia but there are others you might ask that are members of Thereefuge such as Reef6 and K&J Aquatics, not sure if they sell the same ones as I have but others on here may sell what you need I'm sure they will let you know if you send them a PM.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
At 34L you are pushing the limits of keeping many fish in there ... but I have seen two small ocellaris clowns be quite happy in 40 litres so its not far off. You would need to ensure to do regular water changes and provide proper filtration for them though, as clowns are pigs and will produce a fair bit of waste. Slack off and your tank will turn into algae central.

Check out coral gobys too - they are cute, have personality, and add practically zero bioload to your tank.