Tank Journal Archive

Marine4life

Oct 27, 2012
Hae. Does anyone have banded shrimp with corals and have u had an trouble with them or r they good

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I have one in my tank and hes great. Has never bothered anything in the tank but I can never see him! He hides all day under a rock and only comes out at night. I thought he was dead until I saw one of his antenna poking out and moving... If I had my time again I would probably get a cleaner instead. Given that you have a smaller tank I would think there is less room to hide and therefore would be a more visible part of the tank.

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
The answer to all three of those is no no no :) they will scavenge food the fish don't eat
They MAY snip at the clowns if they investigate a little too closely but they won't hurt them
And they may walk on the corals and temporarily cause them to retract but no long term harm

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
I would go with the shrimp as well, planning one for my tank soon as they look so cool. Then again a blenny looks cool too of course so guess its a hard choice.

Marine4life

Oct 27, 2012
My clown has got white spot, what treatments can I use I know I can't use copper because of my anemone and corals

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
Sound pretty much right, another thing that may help would be a UV sterilizer. Keep in mind that prob 90% of tanks have ich and it is pretty easy to live with without it killing everything. A fish would have to pretty stressed as ich isn't the fastest killer. Being clowns they should be able to fight it off on there own but make sure water and husbandry are good as poor water will stress fish and reduce slime coat and cause fish to be more susceptible to ich. I believe that the only real way to rid a system of ich is by correct and strickt qt procedures but very difficult to do. Also for what it's work look up brooklynella :)

BoratJr

Mar 20, 2013
Wollongong
How is your tank going? Is it still running. I have set up one the same with different light and corals. I will try start a post tonight with pictures.