Tank Journal Archive

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
thats fine :) probably the better option anyway. have to try and make it as easy as possible for the people who look after the tank while im away :P

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
i have learnt that there are no shortcuts when it comes to owning your piece of underwater nature :) thanks for that guys. will look into buying the osmolator when i have a spare $250 floating around haha

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
thanks for that. also, do you know if its safe to take zoa frags or any frags off frag plugs and glue them onto existing rocks in your reefscape?

Str8edge

Mar 10, 2013
Shepparton
They will grow over the frag plug or tile eventually mate if you want to play it safe.. As for the ATO glad to hear you went the more expensive one, I have just a cheap float switch one in mine and its a piece of crap flooded the floor on more then one occasion in fact again last night.. Might be time for an upgrade myself..

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
well as i said before, there are no shortcuts in this hobby haha. i'd personally want to get it right the first time. and hopefully im able to achieve that with the help and advice ive been given on this site :) the problem with the frag plug is the actual plug itself. and its just so darn bulky haha. maybe if i just cut the leg off the frag plug? im trying to make a zoa rock (the curve shaped one in my tank) i think it would look pretty cool. i just think the frag plugs would look out of place as all. hows your tank going @Str8edge?

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Which type of plugs do you have? The Aquatic Culture plugs are designed so you can easily snap off the 'leg'.

Personally though I would always remove the zoas from the plug and stick to the rock.

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
just an update guys. bought myself a timer today for the illumagic comboray light. confused the hell out of myself to get it operating. hopefully it shuts off at the desired time. also bought a 15 L water drum and a 13 L bin that will fit under the desk. now all i need is the tunze ATO osmolator, which i should have in a month or so. tank is running nicely so far :)

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
update.
woke up this morning to find my chalice on the DSB. darn trochus -.-

so finally got the aqua knead it happening in the tank. stuck the chalice on the rock and the zoas where i wanted them. took them off the frag plugs first. did the same with the acan frag too. called the LFS today for peppermint shrimp, which were supposedly supposed to come today but didn't. i feel as if they're being a bit slack on their orders. so decided to go to Deer park aquarium and get some RO water for my tank. had ll their corals unpacked from their regular thursday shipment and i gotta say i was really impressed. whilst getting my water i bought a nass snail and no sooner i put it in the tank, it goes digging for nass gold :P
also put my name down for the tunze osmolator so should have my ATO system up and running by the end of the month :)

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
pulled out the the old DSLR and put my old photography skills to the test. cheers to @Buddy for refreshing what little camera skills i had back in the day haha.

hammer 3.jpg

Hammer coral under blue LED
zoa orange.jpg

Green and orange zoanthid under blue LED with some kind of SPS frag on it too. can anyone I.D it for me? its brown coloured