Tank Journal Archive

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
thanks mate :) i borrowed my mums camera stand so hopefully more better pics in the future :)
thats okay. i think its a monti species. looks to be a branching type but too chunky to be an acro species

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
update.

finally got my hands on a peppermint shrimp! its pretty cool (when i can see it that is) hasnt seemed to make a dent on any nuisance aiptasia yet but still hopeful. thinking of getting one more and adding one more nass snail to the CUC. have only seen the nass snail surface once. put a little piece of prawn in there but there was still a decent chunk of it left in the morning. sigghh, must not have that voracious appetite yet.

also got Koral Kolor from K&J aquatics. dosing as recommended, which is two drops daily. the illumagic lights have been amazing since installing them. the coral growth has been substantial as well as the colours being shown of its true beauty. i bought a zoa frag last week which also had an sps frag of some sort attached to it. its shown polyp extension and seems to be healthy which im really happy about. dont know the species. will post a pic up soon for people to I.D.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Depending on the size of the aptaisia you might need quite a few peps which can make it unviable to use them for control at times.

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
the pep is still quite small haha. ill see how i go. might get one more anyway because they're pretty cool :)

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
cheers for the feedback :) ill go one more for now and observe the tank for a little while. i do like their behavior. very intriguing personalities. i put a small piece of prawn in there and the nass snail and peppermint shrimp barely ate it. any suggestions? i also got a clown goby on saturday :) really cool little fella. i tried feeding it live brine shrimp but didn't really go for it much. is it because its too big for it? would frozen mysis be a better option?

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
yeah it wasnt baby brine. i do have frozen bbs and frozen mysis. ill try that tonight :) ill post a pic of the clown goby :)

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Get some freeze dried Cyclopeez - I have had three coral gobies and all loved that, including the current one. Live shrimp are often too large, though frozen brine will sometimes be taken it doesn't have much/any nutrition.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Also frozen oyster eggs go down well, very tiny and stay in the water column easily but dont overfeed as it is easy to do with them :-)

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
my coral goby loves any small frozen food. at first it had to be TINY but now he eats decent sized bits of food.

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
so ive had the new illumagic DIY comboray lights for a little under a month now, and ive gotta say these lights are brilliant! for the price that you're paying for these lights, there's nothing more that gives you more bang for your buck. ive noticed a considerable amount of growth from my corals compared to the old light that i was using (which, mind you wasnt suitable for marine anyway) and the amount of colours available to get that colour effect on your tank is just awesome! all in all, for anyone who wants a quality light with an attractive price tag, definitely recommend it! heres just some pics of my tank. did some re-arranging and got my hands on a duncans coral :) @Synodontis

DSC_0991.jpg

DSC_1001.jpg

DSC_1002.jpg

DSC_1004.jpg
DSC_1006.jpg