Tank Journal Archive

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Well I persevered and ended up getting the AquaMedic 500 skimmer to run properly in the Cade. It has a much bigger bubble flow and draws more out than the Tunze did. Should work well I think.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
FTS as requested.
FTS-9-1-14.jpg

Even my Flame Angel stopped to pose for you.
Looking to fill the left hand side with another mob of hammers or similar.
Still doing a bit of moving around to improve the scape. (never really happy)

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I've finally got the AquaMedic skimmer working properly. It took a couple of days for it to settle in and stop producing a wet foam and start producing a good dry foam. It's pulling out heaps now - very pleased.
The Tunze is working well in the Yasha and suits it fine.
Time to have a closer look at my calcium and alk dosing and do some fine tuning to get the levels I want.
It never stops, does it? (Big grin).

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
They're amazing little pair of clowns, they're just starting to go maroon and still trying to work out whose boss.
I'll try and get a photo of the other one that has the broken middle stripe plus a single dot - domino.
Quite unique.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Picked up a nice Goni the other day. Seems to be doing well, in fact it looks better than it did in the LFS.
I might try and find another one to go with it, I've read in a number places that they do better if you have a couple side by side.
image.jpg

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
The new additions are starting to make the tank look a bit better.
The pieces I picked up on LFS crawl were the two hammers at the back, the golden torch at the front and of course the 5 chromis which have added a whole new dimension to the tank.
tank-27-1-14.jpg

I may pop back to Reef Savers this week and grab another hammer (or 2) to fill in a bit of a gap, other than that it's just about full.
Gotta give Reef Savers a big thumbs up - brilliant stock at the best prices in Brisbane.