Tank Journal Archive

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
You don't see a mention of anything else because there is no mention of anything else:D

Come on=one more guess

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
LAST guess :mad:

From what I can see, and read, you currently have the dottyback, coral goby and mandarin in this tank - you have said that the dottyback is not the aggressor and I can't imagine that it would be the mandarine or goby. Not sure about the bicolour blenny?? You referred to the thing in the box as a 'she' so I assume that it is not a coral or something similar.

What am I doing trying to figure out the mind of a female :confused:

I also tried enlarging the photo but the resolution in not good enough to see what is in the box.

Last try - you bought a clam and the bi-colour is nipping it ??

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
What am I doing trying to figure out the mind of a female :confused:
LOL- you do get top marks for your logic in trying to work it out.:p
Long story short- it's a little girl-.........green mandarin-but the target male mandarin has assaulted her twice. So at present she's separated. I'm also still trying to teach her to eat frozen food and it's been a bit of a longer process with her.
Will have to see what happens in the long run.

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
pictures of the nudibranches-you can see why I thought they were a type of coral initially when they were remaining still

nudi.JPG

nudi2.JPG

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
Got tired of the powerhead wrapped with the net as although it was excellent at protecting my nems, the net always clogged through the week and resulted in reduced flow so i had to keep cleaning it. Have been thinking of other ways to do this but I wanted something that was easily removable for maintenance and something that would not impede flow.

Last night when sleeping( often think of solutions when sleeping) suddenly thought-breeder box. So this is what I did today.Is a bit ghetto but it serves the purpose

powerhead.JPG

Hole for the powerhead marked out
Cut out using heated knife -- use my gas burner on the stove

powerhead2.JPG

more holes made on sides with my trusty skewer

powerhead3.JPG

In tank
Is held in place with magnets so that I can remove it

Of course murphy's law- had to mount it on the weir side as I couldn't angle it the way I had it before so this necessitated a reaquascape which I actually like better. Can't really see from the pic but it is actually very open with lots of flow and cave formations. of course I now have to hope that the nems will stay where they are ( especially the bleached one as she was the one i had to move-I always call her " she")
The flow was too strong in cetain areas for some of the corals so they had to be moved as well-etc etc - I think you've all been there before. Are still sulking a bit but I'll have to wait to see if any more rearranging needs to be done when they open up again.

fulltank15april12.JPG

Not the best pic (especially the reflection of me in my pj's )but you get the general drift

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
better pics today

Right hand side
nice RHS.JPG

Moving along

P1050848.JPG

left hand side

P1050851.JPG

from the side

P1050852.JPG

Once I know the nem will stay put I'll have to get some more corals for the last rock outcrop

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
Slight change of corals around the tank as moved the powerhead to another position
Some closeups
458.JPG

459.JPG

460.JPG

and of course space invaders

488.JPG

V

'vspec'

haha, I like you little snippets of humour.

So whats your thoughts and future vision of this tank kiddo?

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
haha, I like you little snippets of humour.

So whats your thoughts and future vision of this tank kiddo?
Unfortunately no major visions-obviously I'm not popping the right stuff

Just swinging it really and trying to keep everything alive
(I talk to my fish:rolleyes)

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
P1000313.JPG

The best pic I could get-you can see the little eggs now developed into embryos -the eyes have it-think they'll hatch tonight