send to the work address if you can :)

TfNSW - Att: Leo Di Bartolo
Level 3, 16-24 Elsie Street
Burwood, NSW 2134
Australia

Oceanarium

Nov 8, 2011
Perth
What type of conditions are you guy's growing this under? I have been keeping this for ages and never seem to be able to grow it very fast. I have several other algae cultures growing gang busters like caulerpa and even Chaetomorpha valida.

My chaeto that is thick and wiry (Not from US) grows ohh so slow and if I light it up well just gets covered in coraline. Only place I can grow it is under the frag racks in shade or under 12w LED fitting, even so it takes 6 months double in size where I divide it at tennis ball size.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
What type of conditions are you guy's growing this under? I have been keeping this for ages and never seem to be able to grow it very fast. I have several other algae cultures growing gang busters like caulerpa and even Chaetomorpha valida.

My chaeto that is thick and wiry (Not from US) grows ohh so slow and if I light it up well just gets covered in coraline. Only place I can grow it is under the frag racks in shade or under 12w LED fitting, even so it takes 6 months double in size where I divide it at tennis ball size.
The group that have the initial batch have discussed this via PM as it does seem that some people find it grows well (me included) and others have seen it wither away quite quickly.

I just have a PAR30 lamp with Red/White/Blue LEDs, quite close to the surface and I just rotate it now and again (like once per week). My system has 0 phosphates but higher nitrates (around 20ppm). But others have seen growth under different conditions so hard to tell!

@leodb89 yours went out Express this morning.

malau

Oct 13, 2011
The group that have the initial batch have discussed this via PM as it does seem that some people find it grows well (me included) and others have seen it wither away quite quickly.

I just have a PAR30 lamp with Red/White/Blue LEDs, quite close to the surface and I just rotate it now and again (like once per week). My system has 0 phosphates but higher nitrates (around 20ppm). But others have seen growth under different conditions so hard to tell!

@leodb89 yours went out Express this morning.

Darn.. too late....

RNGracias

Apr 6, 2013
The stuff I got was DOA courtesy of Australia Post and the Easter weekend. I think there's one other person in Perth with it.
Noro, when you have enough to share, let me know, I will come and collect.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Darn.. too late....
Yep, nevermind. I am sure there will be another NSWer on the list =0)

Following up on my post about growth, I cleaned out my smaller tank last night which runs an AC70 HOB filter. I had put some Chaeto and some Brachypus in the media basket with a little robot LED light over it a few weeks ago ... looked at it properly for the first time last night and the Chaeto is the only macro left, and it came out in a square shape as it had filled the fuge area fully. So it's thriving in both tanks under very different conditions - smaller tank has higher phosphate.

Oceanarium

Nov 8, 2011
Perth
Hmmm "Withering quite quickly" Sounds more like issues with acclimating to new conditions or shipping stress.

I would like to try some myself at some time to see if its different to the stuff I have. I am well out of express post range:( I will need to keep my eye on the thread to follow if anyone in WA starts to establish some ;)

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
So I believe these are the lists now:

Has the chaeto (or at least had .. I think some don't any more! If you have lost yours for whatever reason and want more, add yourself back into the list):
@ethana123 QLD
@rockerpeller VIC
@chrispc66 WA
@vpreef VIC
@Buddy VIC
@daniel VIC
@Sarg VIC
@MagicJ TAS
@malau NSW
@captivereef SA
@marineclass QLD

Would like some:
@Noro WA (I will send you some more next week now as agreed)
@deL NSW
@Damjan VIC
@RobbieMVFC VIC
@RNGracias WA
@Oceanarium WA

So if anyone has sufficient to share within State please get in touch with the next on the list to arrange.

Note for those receiving: Ensure the chaeto is in a secured area, because it floats and does not secure itself to rock, a few people have lost theirs into the return pump.

Thanks again to @ijg3956 for being the one with the idea and sharing initially.

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
@deL send a 500gm self addressed express satchel to me & i'll send yours. I only post Mon & Tue.

My address:
Ian Gardener
PO Box 95
Meeniyan 3956

Reactions: deL

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Mine whithered away again, im gonna wait until my talk in more stable then try again.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
damn just realised you sent it express which means it probably got to my work today and I took the day off :( hope its still ok...do you want me to reimburse you for the shipping either way? or is this where when I can send I send at my own expense?

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Oh yeah, you didn't pay me for the shipping haha. You can just add it to you order when we work that all out ;)

Hopefully will be okay overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.