Reef Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury
THOSE WHO HAVE RECEIVED MACRO
@ijg3956 - 0 serves available, growing more.
@chimaera - having shared ~10 portions since receiving (including 3x people getting two lots due to losing the first!) my piece needs a bit of recovery time. Only realised this week that it was looking a bit on the small side, and after all I need it to benefit my tank too ;)
@rockerpeller - 1 serve available for @TheJordans

If you are waiting for some of this macro, same deal. Cut & paste, adding your name to the list. Putting the @ before the user name notifies the user of the post.

WAITING LIST

@zeebull

* I've removed myself from the "Waiting List" b/c @rockerpeller has been in touch and we'll be picking ours up at some point soon :D

@ijg3956 - As to the other macros, there is a tiny amount of what I think is the one that's third from the top growing on some of our LR. If it takes off, I'd love to try and propagate some for you :) Don't hold your breath though - that particular tank is very young and anything could happen yet!

Thanks so much again, guys! This forum has inspired me so much!

Kiwi

May 14, 2013
@chimaera - having shared ~10 portions since receiving (including 3x people getting two lots due to losing the first!) my piece needs a bit of recovery time. Only realised this week that it was looking a bit on the small side, and after all I need it to benefit my tank too

If you are waiting for some of this macro, same deal. Cut & paste, adding your name to the list. Putting the @ before the user name notifies the user of the post.

WAITING LIST

@zeebull
@Kiwi

I am new to using a refugium my last dive into a saltwater tank was with a wet/dry trickle filter years ago and fish only system with no coral. It wasnt till i took my daughter to the pet shop for a cat that she was fasinated with SW fish and i was mesmerized by the coral !! At the mo i have some form of caulerpa that the lfs didn't know what type of macro it was . I'm loving this idea and can't wait to pay it forward !,

Kirky

Nov 23, 2012
This seems like a great Idea certainly would love to get involved when it makes it's way up to QLD, the whole idea of sharing and trading is this hobby is a big draw factor that makes it so rewarding

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury
@Kirky - you can join in regardless of which state you're in :D Just got to send the sender an express post self addressed satchel when your name makes it to the top of the list :D

And :welcome

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
@chimaera - having shared ~10 portions since receiving (including 3x people getting two lots due to losing the first!) my piece needs a bit of recovery time. Only realised this week that it was looking a bit on the small side, and after all I need it to benefit my tank too

WAITING LIST

@zeebull
@Kiwi

I am new to using a refugium my last dive into a saltwater tank was with a wet/dry trickle filter years ago and fish only system with no coral. It wasnt till i took my daughter to the pet shop for a cat that she was fasinated with SW fish and i was mesmerized by the coral !! At the mo i have some form of caulerpa that the lfs didn't know what type of macro it was . I'm loving this idea and can't wait to pay it forward !,

Send me a pic by PM and I'll try to ID your macro if you like.

Kiwi

May 14, 2013
Send me a pic by PM and I'll try to i.d your macro if you like.
Hey mate I will send you a pic when I`m home next. I am sure it is a type of caulerpa it is going well and the phos is low along with the nitrates so it is doing the job. But look forward to giving chaeto a crack !!

Cheers again

Kiwi

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
Nothing wrong with some of the caulerpas but some go asexual pretty easily. Others like paddle caulerpa do a great job but end up getting into the DT.

Kirky

Nov 23, 2012

WAITING LIST

@zeebull
@Kiwi
@Kirky

Is that how i am meant to get on the list?

malau

Oct 13, 2011
The following list maybe outdated as I copy and paste...

@malau (NSW) 1 serve

WAITING LIST

@zeebull
@Kiwi
@Kirky

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury

@chimaera - having shared ~10 portions since receiving (including 3x people getting two lots due to losing the first!) my piece needs a bit of recovery time. Only realised this week that it was looking a bit on the small side, and after all I need it to benefit my tank too ;)
@rockerpeller - 0 serves available, growing more.
@malau (NSW) 1 serve
@TheJordans - Have received our starter serve and have split it between two sumps. Will update here when we have some available.

WAITING LIST

@zeebull
@Kiwi
@Kirky

On a side note, @ijg3956
We were at Bunarong Aquarium today and spotted this tank with some of the macro in it that you're chasing. (Please excuse the disastrous pic!! I had a squirming baby in one arm and a 4yo beside me who wouldn't shut up! lol)

ai1305.photobucket.com_albums_s545_TheJordans1_20130518_122356_zpscc5df10b.jpg

MichaelBinns

Jan 20, 2013
Melbourne

@rockerpeller - 0 serves available, growing more.
@malau (NSW) 1 serve
@TheJordans - Have received our starter serve and have split it between two sumps. Will update here when we have some available.

WAITING LIST

@zeebull
@Kiwi
@Kirky
@MichaelBinns

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
ATTENTION ALL

We/I seem to have lost track of this a little.

If you have received some of this macro please add you name and state to THIS list and/or your status regarding ability to supply. To keep it simple put the number of serves you have ready now and a short note. See my entry for an example. Just cut and paste the list adding your name to it in your reply

Also there is a discussion thread for comparing growth rates, methods, lighting etc.

@ijg3956 VIC - 0 serves available, growing more.
@chimaera VIC - 0 serves available, growing more.
@rockerpeller VIC - 0 serves available, growing more.
@malau NSW 1 serve available
@TheJordans VIC - Have received our starter serve and have split it between two sumps. Will update here when we have some available.
@ethana123 QLD
@chrispc66 WA
@vpreef VIC
@daniel VIC
@Sarg VIC
@MagicJ TAS
@captivereef SA
@marineclass QLD

WAITING LIST

@zeebull
@Kiwi
@Kirky
@MichaelBinns VIC
@Nayth
@richardr
@Damjan VIC
@RobbieMVFC VIC
@RNGracias WA
@Oceanarium WA

So if anyone has sufficient to share within State please get in touch with the next on the list to arrange.

Note for those receiving: Ensure the chaeto is in a secured area, because it floats and does not secure itself to rock, a few people have lost theirs into the return pump.
Just tidied up the list

Just a quick tidy up. If anyone who has recieved their chaeto, and are still on this waiting list. Can you please correct this post by copying and pasting this list with your correction.

Kiwi

May 14, 2013
UPDATED WITH MY STATE

KIWI

ATTENTION ALL

We/I seem to have lost track of this a little.

If you have received some of this macro please add you name and state to THIS list and/or your status regarding ability to supply. To keep it simple put the number of serves you have ready now and a short note. See my entry for an example. Just cut and paste the list adding your name to it in your reply

Also there is a discussion thread for comparing growth rates, methods, lighting etc.

@ijg3956 VIC - 0 serves available, growing more.
@chimaera VIC - 0 serves available, growing more.
@rockerpeller VIC - 0 serves available, growing more.
@malau NSW 1 serve available
@TheJordans VIC - Have received our starter serve and have split it between two sumps. Will update here when we have some available.
@ethana123 QLD
@chrispc66 WA
@vpreef VIC
@daniel VIC
@Sarg VIC
@MagicJ TAS
@captivereef SA
@marineclass QLD

WAITING LIST

@zeebull
@Kiwi QLD
@Kirky
@MichaelBinns VIC
@Nayth
@richardr
@Damjan VIC
@RobbieMVFC VIC
@RNGracias WA
@Oceanarium WA

So if anyone has sufficient to share within State please get in touch with the next on the list to arrange.

Note for those receiving: Ensure the chaeto is in a secured area, because it floats and does not secure itself to rock, a few people have lost theirs into the return pump.
Just tidied up the list

Just a quick tidy up. If anyone who has recieved their chaeto, and are still on this waiting list. Can you please correct this post by copying and pasting this list with your correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.