Reef Discussion

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
They have a good spread and little / no light spillage out of the beam Fantastic , Yet 2 would be ok for a four footer ,
The fan is so quiet , My old LED are so loud , Far too loud really , I was looking at the fan thinking is it spinning .
No it wasnt for a while , Then when i ramped up the white to 100% , I had another look , Put my ear up against it and could just hear it
I'm a happy happy boy :)

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
im actualy loving it, its not to shimmery whats great but it makes it give a realistic look, programing was easy to

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
im actualy loving it, its not to shimmery whats great but it makes it give a realistic look, programing was easy to
Matt, you are an adventurous reefer....what have you programmed? Are you running Static modes as your daily/weekly cycle? Or are you running your own version of the P1 on a daily mode? Did you program your moonlight too?

:eek:

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
moonlights programed in. 0 out of 255 white, 10 out of 255 blue 10 out of 255 purple/uv
and all lights dimed down to 2 out of 63
so its very dim at night but makes the corals give off a soft glow, working on P1 once corals are aclimatised ;)

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I love the factory settings of P2 out the box....(will have to save them incase I get keen and program P2)
Will be playing around with P1 a little.
For moonlights I put in 5 for white 0 blue 10 uv and the dimmer was 1, never went sleepwalking so I did not get to see the result. Boo Hoo....

cozer

Jul 12, 2011
Tainan, Taiwan
You guys are so lucky to have the Advance version in hands. The Advance version is not formally launched here in Taiwan. I am planning to replace my current ALC version by a Advance M-90S as soon as I can get it from Illumagic. Any one want to have my old ALC version? Still quite new, lol.............

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
What different features do the advanced model have again?
Matt, the ALC version had the factory pre set modes called Sunny warm, sunny medium, sunny cool etc as well as 3 static modes S1,S2,S3.
The Factory preset modes are now replaced by P1, P2 and P2+lightning, the S1,S2,S3 are still there.
P1, P2 and P2+lightning are Programable, and the lense kits.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i see! cant wait to setup these P1 etc once i am ready, (im going to wait for my corals to adjust)
i am going to base it around sun up and sun down and midday being the most intense,
should be interesting!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Matt.......What do you think of the purple? any improvement from your frag tank M-45C......
huge improvement, i look at the old unit side by side and the other one feels like its missing something, that and the optics make everything so crisp,
what did you think?

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Well, I only had the first version Blue and Cool White only M-60C so I did not have the addition of Neutral White and royal Blue in that fixture,
Always wanted A M-60C with those colours in the spectrum. I like the addition of purple in the mix .
It is going to be impossible for the latest commercial fixtures to mix green and red into their lights, its going to look weird!!!!!
Seen that tried and failed two years ago ,LOL

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
i would swap the white with the blue at night the whites seem to make it to bright ;)
I went for a sleepwalk last night... The Red Line Cleaners were zooming round the tank.....you are right Matt, a bit on the white side there with no blues in the mix.
All my zoas were closed up and the flourescence that I used to see was non existant.
Will be sure to take out the white and play around with the blue to create the effect where the inhabitants glow in the dark.