Tank Journal Archive

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Haha yeah true true, narh I actuslly just looked at the reefuge bm and kam comparison..I think the kam works better...lol but they both got pros and cons.. Someone shine some light..lol I've never owned one before so I didn't think they would be much different besides the branded name. I was looking at the vertex..maybe if I had a nice big tank..but I think the kamoer would be best but I didn't think the bm could be that bad...could it be????

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Hmm guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for these sales..nothing better than a sale on equipment..lol. Cheers bud. How does your one run? Easy to use and accurate?

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Yeah I just had a discussion on Facebook, it's 50/50 couple people used bm couple years with no problems and vice versa but a couple did say the kamoer glitches and dumps all the dosing liquid into the tank. Well many cases of it happening but not the bm...really unsure now. Gotta dig around more..and thanks NiCd..it's taken alot of time and planning..

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
ye was just joking with the vertex jimmy complete overkill but I have both the bubblemag and the kamoer and after I read up about it all they're pretty similar, I think @NiCd did a review on it here but just seems like a nicer unit...don't rush :) these things always come up

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Haha yeah I know you were man, do you use both of the dosers? Do you reckon the kamoer is actuslly worth the extra $100 compared to bubble magus? I've heard more bad from kamoer than I do bubble magus..only thing I've heard from users is bubble magus 2/10 people say its noisy as f*^#% but the others are pretty happy with it.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I have a kamoer and its good. Some people had a problem where if it started dosing before midnight and continued to dose after midnight, it didn't stop. I think this has been fixed in the newest versions but just to be sure I set my pumps not to dose between 11pm and 1am. Easy fix!
The bm doser is quite a bit louder than the kamoer.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Yeah I've heard alot of people with problems but slot without but im think Im gonna steer forwards the kamoer..the quality looks alot better after seeing the unboxing and it taken apart. The kamoer is comprised of much better quality features and material. But thanks alot for your input buddy. Cheers

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Got my Marine Magic running tonight finally. Pretty loud ... but then it will be set to run overnight so not an issue.