Tank Journal Archive

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
I was looking at that..didn't have good reviews, cool upwards screen design but didn't look like a top notch unit.,but a doser is a doser..but kamoer wins it for me.:)

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Stocking list for my new tank when it starts up:

Fishstock:

Pair of black clowns
Pair of yellow or wheelri watchmen gobies
Single bi colour blenny

Invertebrates:

Pair of porcelain crabs
Pair of peppermint shrimps
Single redline or Blood shrimp
Single mini maxi or maybe two
Various nassarius snails
Various turbo snails

Coralstock:

Softies:
Ricordeas
Rhodsctis moprhs
Zoanthids
Green star polyps

Sps:
Birdnest
Dallas
Pocci
Some more will be able once I get some growth on these

Lps:

Micromussa
And other bits and bobs of rainbows.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Yeah it does look hella nice though but kamoer I think my best bet, buy to confirmed the new equipment I'll be getting, marine source RDC-250, kamoer doser and reactor..not sure what I wanna get, just need something to tumble carbon.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
My tanks is only 100litres..the rlss don't make anything that small. It's a nano tank..Im still kinda looking for a skimmer, I wanted a cone skimmer as they're gonna be more better at skimming than my tunze doc skimmer. Any of yous know one which would fit? I've got 17cmx15cm so I need something with that foot print to fit inside.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
I'm running the tunze, Im not fully happy with it. And it skims okay..but I wanna make use of the space I have..my tank compartments are big so I don't see why not..upgrade to a better skimmer. Tunze are just over rated in my opinion that's all. And they're not that great of a skimmer. Slim line and energy efficient but skimming..it's average.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Yeah tunze are nice, never missed a beat..just want something better as the new tank is getting me equipment..only transferring will be the live stock..everything else will be for sale when I get everything together..cheers Leo, I'll check those out now.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Nice skimmers..but too big, 22x22 ft print..I need something 17x15..pretty small space..for a decent skimmer..huh

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
my skimmer is 17x22 or 25 not sure but thats a 1455 and its for 100L and its way overkill for mine so for yours it more than likely will start skimming your fish and corals lol

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
I saw the cad light one, was about only $170shipped, new design though or something tubeless skimmer..read reviews where the internal part where it makes bubbles over time it screws up..lol I was actuslly pretty close to buying it and the reactor..but I'm very unsure what brand I should even go..

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
TBH i gotta agree with aussie the tunze have been top stuff doing the job but i feel ya jimmy d theres imes when you wanna splurge and go all out so i say get a vetex or that brand that makes zeovit :P do it right...make us all jealous

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Lol! I could always go external hey, and get a crazy ass skimmer just for some eye candy..but lol it won't even skim..il have to empty the cup every year or something as my tanks not gonna be heavily stocked..well I think it's not gonna be.

Yeah Leo, how's the new scape? Put the mini maxi in yet? I just scored a mini maxi for $20..lol