Tank Journal Archive

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Lol! I could always go external hey, and get a crazy ass skimmer just for some eye candy..but lol it won't even skim..il have to empty the cup every year or something as my tanks not gonna be heavily stocked..well I think it's not gonna be.

Yeah Leo, how's the new scape? Put the mini maxi in yet? I just scored a mini maxi for $20..lol
lol mine was 40 and ye its in...but the anemone shrimp decided to host the hammer and leave the nem lol

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Jimmy,

You should get a Hydor Slim Skim Nano... I might happen to know someone that is selling one :rolleyes

ahhh dont get that...i had that before it was painful...get a proper skimmer like the one you're looking at the marine sources but not a guppies purchase just a word of advice

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Narh my cousin is running the hydro, it's in the same class as the tunze..so I'm gonna steer clear of those types of skimmers. Yeah I'll upload a picture of the rics soon..only got a picture of them being fragged into 8. They're bit frags though..about 20 cent size..lol and the mini maxi was from Pete from 100%reef safe.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
And I think only guppies sell them though..haven't seen them anywhere else. Even google it..only a couple links even come up..:(

RNGracias

Apr 6, 2013
My tanks is only 100litres..the rlss don't make anything that small. It's a nano tank..Im still kinda looking for a skimmer, I wanted a cone skimmer as they're gonna be more better at skimming than my tunze doc skimmer. Any of yous know one which would fit? I've got 17cmx15cm so I need something with that foot print to fit inside.
The following fit in the CADE Hl 450 1st Chamber (17cmx15cm)
  • Deltec MCX 300 ($299), good skimmer unless you are one of the guys who hates Deltec.
  • The Tunze DOC Skimmer 9004 (new Model)
  • The Hydor Slim skim (almost identical to the Tunze 9004)
  • Marine Sources RDC -250 ( only from Guppies) this is one great skimmer (does not fit in RSM 130D)
I have ordered a Euro Reef RSM 130D replacement Skimmer from Nano systems, no Dimensions on website, but I believe this will fit in the CADE HL450 as well, Once I receive it, I will keep you posted cost $250.00 including shipment. The tunze 9002 is a great small skimmer, but too small for the RSM 130D or the CADE HL 450, I would not use it on anything more than 15 Gallons.
Here a PIC of the Euro Reef Nano. They have great service and can even customise the size to fit your tank.
NRS3.0-3-2T.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
The following fit in the CADE Hl 450 1st Chamber (17cmx15cm)
  • Deltec MCX 300 ($299), good skimmer unless you are one of the guys who hates Deltec.
  • The Tunze DOC Skimmer 9004 (new Model)
  • The Hydor Slim skim (almost identical to the Tunze 9004)
  • Marine Sources RDC -250 ( only from Guppies) this is one great skimmer (does not fit in RSM 130D)
I have ordered a Euro Reef RSM 130D replacement Skimmer from Nano systems, no Dimensions on website, but I believe this will fit in the CADE HL450 as well, Once I receive it, I will keep you posted cost $250.00 including shipment. The tunze 9002 is a great small skimmer, but too small for the RSM 130D or the CADE HL 450, I would not use it on anything more than 15 Gallons.
Here a PIC of the Euro Reef Nano. They have great service and can even customise the size to fit your tank.
View attachment 14109
Now that's what I'm talking about, I appreciate the detailed feedback man, I don't know much small skimmers out there but yeah il check out the deltec hey, tunze Im gonna give a pass. Also the hydro is probably the worst nano skimmer made at that price range..lol. The euro reef looks promising..I'll check that out also. Thanks alot man, appreciate it that you had th effort to type that up hey.

Cheers, Jimmy.

RNGracias

Apr 6, 2013

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Yeah, cheers man, I think the Marin source would be the best bang for buck, it's only $115 and is a nicely build come skimmer, rated for like 250 litres..all I'll need to do its measure where the perfect water level is, egg crate on the base and measure how much water evaporates