Off-Topic

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
where do you think taxidermists get the spare hair for touch up jobs, also like cat hair hats nd crap.
But it all depends on colour of the pelt and size, also who you sell it to.

One thing that pisses me off is aquarium owners who dont give a rats about their fish. Picked up a fighter for my sister today and the guy put it in a bag with barely 1cm of water in it, so barely enough room for the fish. also it wasnt even water from the fighters tank, he just scooped it up and plonked it in.
Man thats what realy pissed me off

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
One thing that pisses me off is aquarium owners who dont give a rats about their fish. Picked up a fighter for my sister today and the guy put it in a bag with barely 1cm of water in it, so barely enough room for the fish. also it wasnt even water from the fighters tank, he just scooped it up and plonked it in.
Man thats what realy pissed me off
My nearest LFS is actually a plant nursery. They just have common FW fish as accessories for people's fishponds and such. Which means they know SFA about the fish in their care. My friend saw the owner stick his bare hand in to pick out a dead fish (a common sight there:() - without washing off the dirt and potting mix he had all over his hands. The fish usually have wasting diseases and whitespot. I sometimes buy stuff if they've just got a shipment in and havent had time to kill it - thats how I got a lovely green betta from there. She picked up its bottle and just tipped the lot into the bag:eek then looked at me funny when I gasped. Another time I took pity on 5 White Cloud Mountain Minnows. They were healthy and in a tank with several species of tetras. Couldnt see a price for WCMMs so asked the price. He told me they were tetras and so in the tetra price list. I explained they're NOT tetras - they're from the cold mountain rivers in China but he just shrugged. This LFS just sees its fish stock as another item to supply, like potting mix or water fountains, not sentient beings that require actual care. I get quite irate with people who think animals (of any type) are disposable, like last years fashion clothing. :mad::(

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
My nearest LFS is actually a plant nursery. They just have common FW fish as accessories for people's fishponds and such. Which means they know SFA about the fish in their care. My friend saw the owner stick his bare hand in to pick out a dead fish (a common sight there:() - without washing off the dirt and potting mix he had all over his hands. The fish usually have wasting diseases and whitespot. I sometimes buy stuff if they've just got a shipment in and havent had time to kill it - thats how I got a lovely green betta from there. She picked up its bottle and just tipped the lot into the bag:eek then looked at me funny when I gasped. Another time I took pity on 5 White Cloud Mountain Minnows. They were healthy and in a tank with several species of tetras. Couldnt see a price for WCMMs so asked the price. He told me they were tetras and so in the tetra price list. I explained they're NOT tetras - they're from the cold mountain rivers in China but he just shrugged. This LFS just sees its fish stock as another item to supply, like potting mix or water fountains, not sentient beings that require actual care. I get quite irate with people who think animals (of any type) are disposable, like last years fashion clothing. :mad::(
Have you noticed like i have that its mainly only the owners and their prodeges that treat them all like crap, all the people that work their are great, just the owner is an arse

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
i reckon they should all feel ashamed of themselfs, its not good for buisness and defenatly not good for the image of the hobby

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
Most of mine have been covered above..

- People who don't move aside in tight spaces.. I'm not fat but my shoulders are as wide as a door way. Please GTF outta the way!
- People who wander around in a carparking area thinking they have right of way.. Umm your still on a road, so please use it like one!
- We have these things in town where they have those little speed reducer things (They annoy the shit outta me as well, let alone destroy your suspension!), and followed by a strip thats a different colour. Only ONE in the centre of town is a dedicated zebra crossing, the rest aren't, I hate people who use them as crossings! I had one lady blow up at me for not stopping (don't worry I was no where near hitting her) and threaten to call the police. So I said go ahead, but you know these aren't pedestrian crossings, so I do have right of way!
- People who stop for a chat in the middle of a path, especially mum's with prams
- People who don't understand merging rules, or road rules in general
- And my biggest one.. CYCLISTS :mad: You are one a road, use it as a road and follow the same rules as everyone else. Don't ride on the line of a bike lane, don't ride three wide on a narrow road, and well really just don't even ride on the road!
- People who can't explain themselves when they dissagree with an opinion. If you dissagree you must know why, right!?
- People who try and be something their not
- People with poor gramma (spelling doesn't worry me much, just gramma. I annoy the Christ out of a lot of people for correcting their poor gramma :p)

There's probably more but I can't think of them right now... :D

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
- And my biggest one.. CYCLISTS :mad: You are one a road, use it as a road and follow the same rules as everyone else. Don't ride on the line of a bike lane, don't ride three wide on a narrow road, and well really just don't even ride on the road!
Cycleists have to use the road as soon as they hit 12years of age, by law. It isnt enforced much but its still a law.
But the others i will agree with.
Being a cycleist myself sometimes, i usually stay well out of the way of cars, and sometimes go up onto the footpath if i have too. but there are also idiots out there who think its funny to swerve at cycleists, and they are the ones who probly cause most of the problems.

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
Yea there definently are idiots who do that, which is friggin stupid.. I know that cyclist have to use the road, but it's HOW they use the road that pisses me off the most (my last comment probably doesn't suggest this :p) . We have cycle lanes here, but do any cyclist ride in them? No, they ride either in the traffic lane or right on the edge of the line, same as when there is parking lanes.. You've got 3m of space to your left, but many ride right on the line again. And with narrow streets, why ride three wide, taking up an entire lane of traffic, when you could easily ride in single file and have enough space for traffic to get passed you. There's many other senario's I could give but I think my point is made :).. I will say tho, riders in other cities are pretty good, it just seems around my town and smaller towns that they just don't get it :confused:

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
haha yea, i also thaught by law it was only alowed to be two breast, same for cycleists as it is for motobikes.
But that might just be vic, if it happens often i would look into that

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
haha yea, i also thaught by law it was only alowed to be two breast, same for cycleists as it is for motobikes.
But that might just be vic, if it happens often i would look into that
I'm pretty sure it's 2 abreast in NSW too. The people we have the most trouble with is those training for the triathlons. They're the biggest pains in the arse, and many of them are arses themselves

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I have few issues with cyclists, but finding them riding on frigging narrow, high traffic roads when there is a dedicated bike path next to the road pisses me off. This is a problem I see daily on the way too and from work. The road is narrow, bends quite a bit (a couple of them are blind bends), and yet you'll come around a bend to find some fuckwit pedalling away causing cars to have to veer out past the centre line to get around them, causing oncoming cars in the other lane to practically go bush. 6 feet to one side is a dedicated bike path because the road is too dangerous for bikes, and yet I've never seen a bike on it.

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
i reckon they should all feel ashamed of themselfs, its not good for buisness and defenatly not good for the image of the hobby
Yeah, I know and agree totally. But this is primarily a plant and garden supply business - they see the fish as extra products to offer and so aren't expected to be experts with fish. Which annoys me and given the amount of ridiculous laws we have now, I can't see why "not knowing or caring about what you sell" shouldn't be illegal. Then again, it'd put all those drug dealers out of biz, wouldn't it? And I'm not referring specifically to the illegal ones, either:confused:
And thats another thing that really ticks me off:
shops that dont know WTF their product is:mad: (other than whats written on the label and I can read that myself, thankyou). It is a personal irritation of mine to walk into a shop that sells crystals, etc and see garishly-dyed agates sold as "naturally coloured", "crackle quartz" sold as a natural stone, when its manmade glass, incorrectly identified stones and incorrect information about them.
I also get cranky when I walk into a computer shop to ask about specs/etc and the shop assistant reads the package-label at me. Yeah, thanks for that, I'll go find someone who knows what i'm talking about, shall i? And yes, I realise its just a job and they're probably just filling in time til they go to Uni or something, but when it comes to living things, FFS learn your shit!!! People are relying on YOUR information and the creature/plant is relying on your information even more - if you tell people that this a great little fish, doesnt require much food, or heating or water quality and will go great with your goldfish, its YOUR fault when the poor Clownfish goes belly up. Yes you read right. You would be horrified at how many allegedly intelligent people dont understand why they cant buy one of those pretty marine fish to go with the guppies. I hate stupid people, too:mad: