Tank Journal Archive

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
I am astounded by the growth of this zoa.
I just noticed earlier that it's growing off the frag and onto the coral rubble beside it :eek Had a look behind it and its taking off across the tank bottom!!
2012-09-29 20.40.17.jpg

2012-09-29 20.39.34.jpg

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
I've only had it two weeks!! Apparently my tank agrees with it!
The other one that is rocketing off is this one:
This photo was taken 22/09/12
2012-09-22 19.20.22.jpg

And this photo I just took now:

2012-09-29 21.17.55.jpg

I'm a bit worried about the coloring - they are losing the bright green centres and the orange isn't as vibrant. Do they need more light or less? Anyone?

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Ok so I finished work at 11am yesterday so I caught the bus into Gladstone and went to the other LFS i frequent. Not all that much in the way of corals - they go pretty fast and most of the LR was gone too - a shame because some of those big chunks had red xmas tree worms on them. I LOVE those things!! They're delicious....;) kidding
Anyway, spotted this piece of rock in the coral tank. Spotted a small Ric on it. Asked prices and she told me the Rics were $20 ea. One is the size of this: :)
The other is the size of an M&M. Same color as my $10 Ric from last week but way, way smaller. She rang the guy I usually talk to (he was away) and he said I could have them for $16 ea. So I bought them. She thought there was a small bit of pipe coral (or something) on there but I don't think so.
Was looking at the rock this morning (going to glue everything in place today so was looking at everything to see what can go where and how and....well...you know) and I spotted a 3rd Ric. Its the size of a pin-head. Teeny teeny tiny. The far bottom right Ric is the one I got last week for $10.
So this shall be the morph rock. I'll add a zoa frag on there just for fun.

4 rics.jpg

I don't want to disturb the little tunnel Thor has made for himself too much either so the LR that is attached to it will have to stay as it is and the other bits and pieces will be added to its position. I also bought a pink and white Goni. It's shaped like a heart - who could resist that? Well, not me, anyway.

2012-10-05 08.59.33.jpg

I can incorporate the morphs and rics and zoas into the general design fairly easily but I'm having to think how to place the 3 Hammers and the Goni. MTG suggests higher up for the Hammers so I will do that. Just need to see what the Goni thinks.
Also, on Wednesday, the zoa frags from DavidS arrived safe and sound. They were fully open by the next morning and are settling well now. They haven't gotten their full color mojo back yet but I expect that will come as they adjust to the lighting.

2012-10-04 20.10.48.jpg

2012-10-04 20.10.54.jpg

2012-10-04 20.11.42.jpg

I guess in some ways its good that I have fairly uncomplicated lighting and not too bright because each new addition can cope with it better than intense lights until it settles in and starts looking for more.
Time to start rearranging everyone :D

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
make sure you keep that goni far away from the hammers :D i have had a few incidents in the past! :)

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Come on.... try looking right in the middle of the pic. I guess im one of those filthy people :D

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
thats some sexy looking red morphs ;)

just from your "crappy" pics i think that torch is gonna be ok... it looks a little sad but i think it will perk up!