battleship
avengers
promethius
abraham the vap hunter
dark knight rises
expendables 2

heaps, why, you bored?

I love this line, "you are ugly, but you are beautiful" good for a laugh
Watch it the other day,didn't mind it the ending was good.John carter that is.

V

'vspec'

Sh^t or yea!!
Thats the only words from your lips you here.;)

Hang on, it comes out may 4th, you got exclusive things happening or what?

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Is it nessesary to have seen all the movies leading up to the avengers? I recon I have only seen ironman and parts of the hulk.

hangin for Dark Knight Rises!!

V

'vspec'

the 5 seconds of joy at the end of each movie are not telling much bud, just a taste of the marvel match up.
you at least saw Thor yeah? best movie of 2011 for me

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Nah I havent yet, i wanted to since its the aussie fella in lead. If it had of clicked yesterday, looking at in the video store on tight arse tuesday, i would have grabbed it though but it was on 2 day rental which doesnt normally fit as I work nights.

V

'vspec'

Your on the bay yeah, drop me a line later, I'll sort you with any title.

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
All I can say is YEA!!!!!! Blu-Ray worthy :worship !!!! Not gonna give away any of the storyline but the audience had a lot of laughs through this 1.

Hang on, it comes out may 4th, you got exclusive things happening or what?
Not at Village. Watched it on the Max screen in 3D. Can't even picture this movie in 2D now.

Looking forward to the next one. Maybe Wolverine will make an appearance...

Also watching the others may help understand where some of the characters fit in with eachother. Main ones will be Captain America, and Thor and you should be pretty clued up for this 1.

V

'vspec'

Yeah admittedly from a character perspective
sweet dude, thanks

As an unrelated side note, My Swedish mate in Colombia first introduced me to quality snaps & cider. May seem like a girlie drink, but I figure its like Japanese food, its about the experience as well, so I love this sh^t
This brand we can get here, mixed berry is my fav so far
http://www.redislandmarketing.com.au/products/rekorderlig-cider

V

'vspec'

Outstanding Film

With outstanding vision to accompany it. (The full length narrated Imax version is still one to watch, albeit most space vision is captured in this clip)

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
I cannot believe now one has mentioned "Game of Thrones".

Second series is out now. It's the a Sopranos set in a mythical place not dissimilar to medieval England.

Watch the first few episodes of Season 1 and you'll be hooked. (the first 10 minutes won't make sense until you get into it a bit)
Read all the books (or rather listened to the audio books) and now wait for each episode to come out.

Remember - Winter is coming.

Oh - there are PC and board games available but from what i've read the PC is so so and the board game is for the hard core fan only.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?roefwk

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
Promethius looks good. From the trailer at the beginning of The Avengers, it didn't look half bad.

Missus is keen on the dancing movies, so I'll let everyone know what that Street Dance 2 is like next week :confused: (Would rather watch Battleship, but it's not in 3D :()

Matman

Jul 13, 2011
Coffs Harbour
Promethius looks good. From the trailer at the beginning of The Avengers, it didn't look half bad.

Missus is keen on the dancing movies, so I'll let everyone know what that Street Dance 2 is like next week :confused: (Would rather watch Battleship, but it's not in 3D :()
Enjoy yourself LOL.

V

'vspec'

macca_75 I did attempt to watch it, it just didn't hook me initially so I abandoned it due to other stuff much better.
In light of your review, I shall give the series another shot dude.

Matman, how did you find Thor?
It was a little wishy washy in small parts, but all in all, I still feel it was the best for that year! Thats a pretty tough call usually, but it felt it qualified easy!

rockerpeller You know I wouldn't have watched half the movies If the choice was left to me. Every misses thats had the pleasure of hanging off my arm has introduced me to some quality chick flicks. Some are deceptively funny.
Granted street dance (the sequel:confused: ) might induce silent suicidal tendencies, but somewhere along the way, surely your mind will wonder if that particular dancer can ride cowgirl well..lol

Out of interest, Has anyone actually watched the narrated version of Hubble?
Fantastic vision, an decaprio did a decent job narrating.

In it they showed the Orion Nebular ~ stating its a whopping 90 trillion miles across in diameter.
One trillion = one million million last I checked! Now try converting that to KLM's..lol

The neb is a sun factory of Orions belt some 1500 trillion light years away from earth. (give or take a Volkswagen length;) )
As a comparison, the distance between our sun and the earth is approx 150,000,000 km. or 8.3 light minutes.

Quick overview for the subject.
1 light nano second = 30cm
1 light second = 300,000 km
1 light minute = 18 million km
1 light hour = 1 billion km
1 light year = 10 trillion km
1 parsec = 3.2 light years, or 31 trillion klm.

Parsec is a cool astronomical measurement, it and its other calculative brothers are brought into the mix for the exceptionally large distances out in the voids. To throw some light on a parsec, being that the distance to the Sun from Earth is150,000,000 km, you would have to make 103,000 round trips in your space Volkswagen to even qualify for the parsec leg. Thats nuts!

So by my calcs, thats 48.38+ parsec to the orion nebular.

But did you see that punch bowl in the cloud created by the suns winds. (pink cloud in the vid above if you missed it) They said its facing us, so we can see straight in even without other spectrum's. The winds carves the bowl at 804,6735 kms/hr. Being that many star systems forming in close proximity, its creating visible shock waves that they call tad poles. This sh^t just blows my mind!