Tank Journal Archive

Nov 15, 2012

Scottrotton

HTTPS://REEF.EXCHANGE
Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
You going to wrap it up for yourself and place it under your tank? *or should it be tree...*
Well just as I was about to hit the buy button I had a change of heart lol, I decided I will wait for these reasons,

- On NYE ive going to be very very drunk, not a good time to take pictures with my brand new camera near lots of water!
- Might as well wait for January sales if I wont really be using over xmas to see if I can grab a bragin

So in answer to your question looks like im getting a lump of coal for xmas :D

Scottrotton

Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
So what ive done,

-Added some of the 30 KG sand I bought,
-Aquascapped using, plastic coat hanger pieces for the rods as I couldn't find any acrylic rods anywhere, I used a 7mm Masonary drill piece, which fit perectly. and -some shellys aqua knead it from bunnings.
Everything seems fine apart from some algae which is now settling.

here are some updated pics.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG

Nov 15, 2012
So what ive done,

-Aquascapped using, plastic coat hanger pieces for the rods as I couldn't find any acrylic rods anywhere, I used a 7mm Masonary drill piece, which fit perectly. and -some shellys aqua knead it from bunnings.

Looks Awesome. Nice scape :)

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Like hows it all looking! I might have to steal your idea on the plastic coathangers instead of acrylic, great use for them.

Scuba Rich

Nov 5, 2012
Frankston
Good tip Scott, I was going to move all my rocks around today and tried the hanger and a 8mm drill bit, works a treat even without glue..I'll post a pic of scape once it clears up a bit... looks like snow at the North Pole right now.. :-)

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
love the new sand before looked a little doom n gloom lol

make sur eyou get 2-3 stromb snails soon though to keep it clean :P

Scuba Rich

Nov 5, 2012
Frankston
So what ive done,

View attachment 10484View attachment 10485View attachment 10486View attachment 10487
Looks good Scott... very artistic on those "Arizona Death Valley mountains" .... I'm still cycling tank... hows all your perameters going given your stocks?

Scottrotton

Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
love the new sand before looked a little doom n gloom lol

make sur eyou get 2-3 stromb snails soon though to keep it clean :p
I got a large turbo and about 5-10 smaller snails but I do need some more.

I like it more now I have the white sand but it wont stay like that for long im sure.

Scottrotton

Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Looks good Scott... very artistic on those "Arizona Death Valley mountains" .... I'm still cycling tank... hows all your perameters going given your stocks?
Had a ammonia spike and some algae becuase of that when I was aquascaping as the rocks were out the water for a good 30 mins but was back to normal this morning, all in all ammonia spiked to 2ppm and it lasted 2 days at the most.

I will test nitrates and phos tonight. Maybe do a calcium test to as I haven't done that in a while.

Thanks I decided to make it a tall scape, because of the params of my tank it wouldn't handle a shallow scape well at all.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
I got a large turbo and about 5-10 smaller snails but I do need some more.

I like it more now I have the white sand but it wont stay like that for long im sure.

na mines turning a bit ugly now but when i had my 2-3 stromb snails on it...there wasnt a speck on the sandbed

Scottrotton

Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
ill see if I can pick some up the weekend, dont want to drive far though and I wont go to the my closest LFS becuase of the way they were with my last time, anyone know any good LFS near chatswood?

Scottrotton

Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Video of my Perc Clowns Mating behavior I imagine, for the last 2-3 days the larger of the 2 has been nipping at the smaller one, it then has a little fit and they go about there business, they do this about once an hour currently. Is it normal to be happening so often?

Attachments