Tank Journal Archive

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
sexy time...maybe determining who is male and female...or just fun i dno mine used to do this and they were fine :)

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
haha ye mate they're not cheap...where did you grab yours?

i saw once 'Fish Tank' in castle hill area had them for $16 that was around 2-3 months ago though i havent been since but plan on it as i need another 3

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
Don't go too nuts on the amount of strombus snails you buy-one snail can cover a huge area of the sand bed-somewhere I read 1-2 square feet of tank for 1 snail. I f you have too many they'll starve. I only have one in a 3 footer and he keeps the sand bed pristine. I also sometimes give him algae wafers and nori as supplements

Scottrotton

HTTPS://REEF.EXCHANGE
Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
So heres a quick update.

Everything seems to be working well, I bought a few more corals which I will post pics of.

After some dicussion with the members on the forums i decided to hold on the LEDS and upgrade my bulbs to get more colour.

Anyway I was going to buy them of reef direct but they didn't have what I wanted in stock so I decided to go with Guppys aquarium

I was told by an admin to be careful of these guys when it comes ot bulbs so instead of ordering all 10 I just ordered 4 as a trial run.

My bulbs arrived on friday 2 of them were broken and the person that runs that store really doesnt give a shit about customer service. They wouldnt replace them or even care that were broken. I inspected the package they came in before I signed and saw no signs of damage so I think they just ship nthem out broken. Anyway thanks to the advise from the forum member I only was $70. It could of been 10x worse :)

I have open a depute with fair trading Australia and Paypal as its more the principal then the money really.

Next time I will order with Reef Direct even if they dont have it in stock!

My new corals :)

OK dont shoot me down as ive purposly tried something a little harder.

I bought a purple and green BTA but its very small, seems to be doing ok been in the tank a month the mouth seems normal I feed it twice a week on frozen foods, when its bigger it will be the star of the tank.

I got a pink/purple Gonni which I feed reef roids 2-3 times a week and it looks great although I did move it to the sand bed as it wouldnt open fully on one of my rocks.

Will try get some pics or a vid soon

Scottrotton

Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
wasnt the point of the LEDs to prevent the high bills as apposed to providing more colour?
Hi Leo,

Yeah it was but I also want SPS growth and many users say that LED isnt quiet at the level of T5 MH yet so ill; try and hold out on buying anything until the next gen of LED it out. If my wallet can hang in that long anyway lol

Scottrotton

Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
I removed 2 chromis
1 goby is in QT and 1 dead
1 Flame Angel - Fin Rot dead

Not doing too great in the fish department, I thought the clowns were going to die or at least the male from internal parasites but there much better now and the colour is coming back so fingers crossed.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
yup, a 10 foot barge pole is needed champ.

Looking good though. I have been scouring the world trying to find acrylic rods, you just let me know I have 10 behind me!! Thanks mate!