Tank Journal Archive

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
reefmaniac, what are you feeding?? From my experience, very few fish can refuse brine shrimp - live or frozen (enriched if possible) are fine. Whilst not overly nutritious, it generally gets them feeding and buys you some time to get them eating other prepared foods. Nori is also good, and should become a staple for your tang - hold it in the water for a minute and then rub it between your fingers to effectively shred it. I would be surprised if your YT did not eat this.

Good luck.

reefmaniac

Oct 18, 2011
reefmaniac, what are you feeding?? From my experience, very few fish can refuse brine shrimp - live or frozen (enriched if possible) are fine. Whilst not overly nutritious, it generally gets them feeding and buys you some time to get them eating other prepared foods. Nori is also good, and should become a staple for your tang - hold it in the water for a minute and then rub it between your fingers to effectively shred it. I would be surprised if your YT did not eat this.

Good luck.
i was feeding mysis shrimp normally. o.k i try your method.:)

reefmaniac

Oct 18, 2011
update for 3/12/11. nitrate reading=o ppm
phosphate reading=0 ppm
salinity=1.024
cal=420ppm
alk=4.5 meg/l
mags=1800ppm
ph=8.3

fish=blue tang, yellow tang, six line wrasse,bi colour blenny and foxface rabbit fish.
thanks for looking.:)

Attachments

reefmaniac

Oct 18, 2011
How is the Yellow Tang going now??
its unbeliveable actually, the tang i bought the other day is gone. dont know why. probably too weak or something. this new tang i ve just got it today from lfs. he looks fat and healthy. awesome grazo, kept grazing the rocks.

reefmaniac

Oct 18, 2011
good evening, guys. i have discovered something new today. i ve seen some white colour spots which can move on the tank glass.is a very tiny white spot.. is it flee or something???:eek

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
You will probably find that they are mainly on the glass during the night.

You're not looking for an excuse not to clean the glass are you??

Some might get killed, but if they are on your glass there is a fair chance that they are also on your live rock.

reefmaniac

Oct 18, 2011
9/1/12. been missing in action for a while. its time for an update. added 20 kilo of live rocks, for the scapes.