Tank Journal Archive

reefmaniac

Oct 18, 2011
29/1/12 some more update. purchased 3 rose anthias frm lfs.really beautiful fish, love it.

also do some testing on the water.
nitrate=0
phosphate=0

reefmaniac

Oct 18, 2011
22/2/12
hello, been missing in action for a while. its time for an update, guys. fish in tank at moment is 3 red fairy anthias, 1 yellow tang, 1 hippo tang, 1 bycolour blenny, 1 six line wrasse and a mimic tang. and also my first coral a lobo, orange colour.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Love it mate, now time to put some REEF into your tank!
You can change your name to Fishmaniac too if that's the direction of this tank .

reefmaniac

Oct 18, 2011
Love it mate, now time to put some REEF into your tank!
You can change your name to Fishmaniac too if that's the direction of this tank .
its about time ,yeah. still searching for some more corals, it takes some time to shop. im not a fishmaniac ,really. i enjoy the fish as much as the corals they are all beautiful. definately this tank would be a mixed reef tank for sure. cheers:)

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Nice video, thanks. Definitely time for some corals now :rolleyes

The Tunze 6065's seem to be giving a fair bit of flow in the tank - are you happy with them?

reefmaniac

Oct 18, 2011
Nice video, thanks. Definitely time for some corals now :rolleyes

The Tunze 6065's seem to be giving a fair bit of flow in the tank - are you happy with them?
thanks for watching. tunze is really good. no noise . i need another 1 or 2 soon. really happy with it.:)

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
bring on decking this reef out! looks excellent cant wait to see it stocked with coral. how are you finding the light?

reefmaniac

Oct 18, 2011
bring on decking this reef out! looks excellent cant wait to see it stocked with coral. how are you finding the light?
hi,matt. yeah, cant wait to see my wallet fill with some notes, too. :rolleyes is my first coral, a lobo after 5 months of waiting. i will buy some more when i find some beauties. the lights is awesome. need a few more corals in the tank. cheers

reefmaniac

Oct 18, 2011
17/3/12.hi guys.its been awhile since my last update. bought a few corals. my first sps is a superman montipora, a green stem pink tip hammer, a xenia and a alveopora.

lights is running on (p1 mode/ 10 hours daylight period)

ai2.ytimg.com_vi_M2ByY9yEZag_default.jpg

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Superman monti's are nice!! Can't see it on the phone though pic is to small.

Edit after I posted the video popped up I'll check that out ;)

reefmaniac

Oct 18, 2011
Superman monti's are nice!! Can't see it on the phone though pic is to small.
Edit after I posted the video popped up I'll check that out ;)
yeah, its a hardy sps. they r nice.:)

looking good mate. are your lights on 150w and full blue? thats still so white!
im not sure whats the tuning in p1 mode. but it looks like it hits the peak at midday timing and gradually reduce intensity. the blue looks really full it seems. :)

reefmaniac

Oct 18, 2011

hi, guys. 31/3/12 time for an update. another new addition a pink tip frogspawn.

lights in p1 mode. running at 12 hours daylight period.

V

'vspec'

wow. i'll agree, very crisp template.

I'm assuming purple up is the flavour of the month.
You know I once knew a girl called coralline, she was smothering as well :confused:

reefmaniac

Oct 18, 2011
Nice video, thanks mate. Everything looks nice and clean with no major algae outbreaks from what I can see.

Well done.
wow. i'll agree, very crisp template.

I'm assuming purple up is the flavour of the month.
You know I once knew a girl called coralline, she was smothering as well :confused:
thanks guys. im very impressed with illumagic. this unit puts out awesome lightning. the fishs and corals all came so alive. it looks different from recording. i record it with a sony ericsson x 10 hand phone. my green polyp montipora was bleached at the bottom edge and now it starting to grow back into colour.:)

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Agree with the other guys it's lookin very neat indeed!!

Your live rock is beautiful to look at on its own! So damned purple!

whispers... I think you hit the wrong like button for the guys above ;)