Reef Discussion

firechild

Nov 8, 2011
Cromer, Sydney
Nah, not yet. I made rockerpeller and Meller's up the other night because they didn't need float switches. I'll do mine tomorrow in all likelyhood. I've run out of solder so a quick trip to bunnings in the morning to grab some (plus a 15mm drill bit so I can put the rocker switch in my RO ATO) and I'll get quite a bit done tomorrow afternoon.

firechild

Nov 8, 2011
Cromer, Sydney
Is anyone interested in the Tunze magnet holder (3155.600) or the float switch brackets (3155.250)? I've just requested prices from seame.com for each. Both systems will be suitable to hold both the primary and secondary float switches.

As an aside, all but 3 jiffy boxes are done and all PCBs are assembled. They will all be sent out on Monday. Can anyone who hasn't done so yet, please PM me their address?

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
For the Tunze magnet holders maybe try a WTB add. The tunze top off comes with 2 sets of magnets (in case you want to separate the float switch and the sensor) most people end up putting them on the same one.

firechild

Nov 8, 2011
Cromer, Sydney
I'm just looking at bracket options for the float switches and I've come up with a simple design. I can get these laser cut but they have to be ordered in pairs (could be done individually but would be prohibitively expensive. The bracket is a 2 piece design that allows it to be adjusted for height using nylon screws (you'd have to buy these separately but they are cheap). The design uses 3mm black acrylic so being very thick it will be very robust. 1 pair of brackets is $35 ($17.5 per bracket) but 3 pairs is $62 (just over $10/bracket). Is there any interest in these?

ATO bracket.jpg

firechild

Nov 8, 2011
Cromer, Sydney
Yeah, unfortunately somehow your parcel got put aside and I only found it last night so was only sent today. Sorry about that. All others were sent yesterday.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I got a missed delivery notification from Aus Post, so guessing that's what it was. Won't be able to pick up until Friday/Saturday now but will let you know if it arrived safely.