Reef Discussion

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Sorry I haven't kept up with this. I'll grab a bracket for mine if it's not to late? Anything else you think I will need just include me and drop me the bill :)

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Just having a look at the board setup - In your intial description of how the board is wired, you had Pos 1 as the primary, Pos 2 as the secondary and Pos 3 as the safety in the reservoir.
When you look at the board and see the writing for each of the plugs the printed label on the outside of the box is opposite to the board, which is correct? I would imagine the board to be correct.

firechild

Nov 8, 2011
Cromer, Sydney
To be honest it makes no difference. The same as the power in and power out can be reversed. As long as the 3 float switches are on the side with 3 plugs and the power is on the side with 2, it will operate fine.

firechild

Nov 8, 2011
Cromer, Sydney
Basically the way it works is the negative is linked directly between the 2 power pins. The positive loops from one to the other via each switch. This means the polarity of the plugs connected to the float switches does not matter because they are simply a switch opening or closing the line from one side to the other.

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Three units turned up at work 10 mins ago. Great looking setup firechild. Got to love that KISS system, even if you bugger up the plugs it still works lol. :)

May as well put us down for two of the holders you are getting made also please. Just have to get a RO tank to plug them into now! Hopefully pick that up this weekend, it was built last weekend. :)

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Got mine today too! Guess the missed delivery notification I got was for something else.

I did mention that I need step by step instructions on how to set it up though, right? :p

firechild

Nov 8, 2011
Cromer, Sydney
Ok, I can get the brackets for $11 each. You will need to buy some nylon screws which are available on ebay (Search M4 nylon and sort by price, there are some 10 packs for a few dollars). The holes are 5mm so if you want to tap the holes, M5 screws will also fit.

You will also have to bend the acrylic yourself as I don't know how well the completed unit would ship. There are notches marking the bend locations so this should be quite simple. Bracket will fit up to 15mm glass.

Can people please confirm their interest and can anyone else interested please add their name to the list?

Chimaera x1
Synodontis x2
Vaultboy x1
Buddy x1
Sarg x1

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Confirmed.

How many screws will each need? I'm happy to purchase a VIC set if everyone else is keen? (and/or take delivery of the brackets to save on postage if that helps)

athumbs2.ebaystatic.com_m_mNqti84vgkVTXA_2LH19lKA_140.jpg

10x for $5.18 delivered.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Up and running :)
I made the bracket out of some spare acrylic, just pieces glued together and fits snugly over the rim at the correct height, the white piece of plastic is some sort of a furniture bracket from IKEA I had laying around.
Drilled it to take the return hose, ended up quite neat.
The bucket is from Big W on special for $8, holds 12L and should do me for about a week/week and a half.
I'll tidy up the wiring at the back after the unit has been running a few days so I make sure there are no bugs in the system.
Thanks for all your effort firechild - much appreciated. :)
ATO1.JPG ATO2.jpg ATO3.JPG

firechild

Nov 8, 2011
Cromer, Sydney
Confirmed.

How many screws will each need? I'm happy to purchase a VIC set if everyone else is keen? (and/or take delivery of the brackets to save on postage if that helps)

athumbs2.ebaystatic.com_m_mNqti84vgkVTXA_2LH19lKA_140.jpg

10x for $5.18 delivered.
Yeah, they're the ones I was looking at. They're a bit long but being nylon, cutting them down will be easy. You'll need 4 screws per bracket.

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
Mines up and running also just very agricultural in the build and not running the reservoir float either. Its on my nano at the moment will do a proper job of it for my 4ft. Will get some pics soon.

Cheers firechild