Reef Discussion

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I've created a weekly dosing regime - dosing by hand just before the lights go out of a night.
It's only been about 2 weeks but I've had some improvement in my palys and everything else looks OK.
I'll keep going till my current supply lasts - probably a couple of months or so and see how things look then.
I'm just concerned how everything will fare when I stop - e.g. growth and colour!

Miller

Dec 4, 2012
traralgon
If anyone in vic/melb wants a bag of unused unopened stones and some zeostart I have some I no longer need
Give me a frag of something and it's yours

Ben S

Apr 9, 2013
Point Cook
Day 11 since I started up. The cyano I had on the sand has started to subside. Corals appear to be keeping their colours so far.

Ben

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
@Grimz @Wrangy @Cosby

This thread seems to be a bit untouched, lets try to keep it updated !

I'll start. Since keeping my potassium up to 400ppm i have notice a massive change in colour and growth.
Given that potassium is a very inexpensive additive, i recommend adding it to your dosage regime.
I find the salifert test kit really easy to use and read as well.
photo 2 copy.JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo 3.JPG

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
when did you get that last one ? i saw one like that today at deer park but choose something else instead.
hahahaha we must have missed each other just!! I got the one in the acro tank :) Did you see the massive as acro in that tank (were you there this morning or afternoon)???

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
hahahaha we must have missed each other just!! I got the one in the acro tank :) Did you see the massive as acro in that tank (were you there this morning or afternoon)???
um i was there about 11:30 lol they had some nice stuff but when i got home i saw that my coral had lost tissue eek. Hope it goes ok
I was eyeing it off! I'm glad you got it

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
um i was there about 11:30 lol they had some nice stuff but when i got home i saw that my coral had lost tissue eek. Hope it goes ok
I was eyeing it off! I'm glad you got it
Lol I would have just missed you, I got there around 12:30. Aww no, I'm sure it'll pull through :) I couldn't pass up the echinata lol and that big ass one was actually a deepwater that I'd ordered in haha lost a fair big of colour, it's a deep purple so hopefully that comes back over the next few days :) Polyps are out and about though :) I'll definitely have some frags of it once it's happy though, it's friggin huge!!

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Lol I would have just missed you, I got there around 12:30. Aww no, I'm sure it'll pull through :) I couldn't pass up the echinata lol and that big ass one was actually a deepwater that I'd ordered in haha lost a fair big of colour, it's a deep purple so hopefully that comes back over the next few days :) Polyps are out and about though :) I'll definitely have some frags of it once it's happy though, it's friggin huge!!
lol ahaha awesome. Did you go to willaimstown, they had the best sps order i have ever seen. it was just unpacked and freaking amazing !

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
lol ahaha awesome. Did you go to willaimstown, they had the best sps order i have ever seen. it was just unpacked and freaking amazing !
Nah I didn't :( haha man I would have loved to have seen that! I'm probably lucky I didn't, I overspent my acro allowance today :rolleyes