Tank Journal Archive

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Bad influence you know, a small one would look good in the new 3 footer but I'll try to resist I want to take my time and plan what goes in from now on (as if!)

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
I can see heaps of mounting spots for sps ;)
Haha that there is! I moved all the rock from around the nems foot to rebuild the left bommie and it was looking sweet.... then my blue rhod got dragged or blown underneath so I had to pull it down and start again. I want a good stag to come out from the left of the middle bommie at the back which is why it sits a bit lower than the right.

I got the blue acro from reeflections to see how it travels a bit of a tester :) If it gos well maybe I can start to buy some of those nice acros reeflections is getting in!

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
hey sarg, tanks looking awesome mate!

i was just wondering if you could share the knowledge you received on the zeostart either here or in a PM, im interested as im about to start with the product but read your post and thought id take in as much more information as i can.

as @vpreef said...too many mounting spots for SPS get yo' stick on lol

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Cheers Leo :)

It was only in regard to dosing two carbon sources at once. I was dosing lanth and zeostart. The zeostart was passive dosing as I don't have the stones yet but vp was speaking the Ryan about my monti issues and he said it may have been as I was dosing both and he said to cut the zeo out till I was ready for the stones to take over and to ditch the lanth.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Nowhere rob :)

I brought a second hand reactor that aus post didn't approve of so they smashed it lol

Got to save up for another now!

I'm looking forward to it though. A bit to learn but looking at zeo tanks aka @vpreef I can't wait! The only downside I can see is when one takes a holiday lol

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
I did an experiment a few years back and sent 4 dud parcels to a mate just to see how they would end up. Each had a cheap wine glass in it and was packed up the same inside but on three of them I wrote fragile.......................you guessed it the bastards played footy with the marked ones and left the other alone.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Added all the fish I am going to now so for the rest of the year its just equipment, zoas and sps. I've rescaped again still not 100% happy but it will have to do... :banghead I brought a razor blade from work to clean the glass as I have a white film on it that is HARD to get off. I usually use a magflip cleaner and it knocks off coraline easily but this stuff is in a different league! I have turned off the chiller and will pack it away for winter tomorrow, incidently the power bill went up $200 this quarter o_0

anyhoo..... edit wrong button lol

The Blennys new home,

coralpics 6 008.jpg

Some sps testers, all good a month in no browns!

coralpics 6 045.jpg

coralpics 6 046.jpg

coralpics 6 041.jpg

Hammers and the nem and clowns

coralpics 6 062 (Large).jpg

coralpics 6 064 (Large).jpg

And the new fish, well my green coral goby is not in the pics I need a macro! Rubbing a bit of salt into somebodys wounds so my appologies to that person :(

coralpics 6 024.jpg

coralpics 6 016.jpg

coralpics 6 022.jpg

and finally a FTS, still a bit of shit lying around on the sandbed :rolleyes

coralpics 6 035.jpg

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
Look good Sarg, love the orange fairies!!! You know what the white stuff on the glass is, yeah?? ;)

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
Yep that's what it is. If Ur dosing into the skimmer nek, split your dose into 2 or reduce the overall amount, another option is to skim wetter. Lanth is getting into Ur system and binding the phos to your glass etc instead of getting skimmed out. I found it easy to remove when I put a piece if scotch brite between my mag cleaner in the inside if the tank. GL