Tank Journal Archive

MichaelBinns

Jan 20, 2013
Melbourne
ALOT! yesterday i couldnt even see the back of my tank and its only 18" away haha. i put a HOB filter in and came home from work twice today just to rinse the filter out

Elias

Nov 15, 2011
Berwick
Looking really good Michael. Been a while since I've seen an fts and it's certainly come a long way since the beginning, especially considering it wasn't that long ago that you were looking to get rid of the whole thing.

MichaelBinns

Jan 20, 2013
Melbourne
Looking really good Michael. Been a while since I've seen an fts and it's certainly come a long way since the beginning, especially considering it wasn't that long ago that you were looking to get rid of the whole thing.
Thanks mate, it really has changed alot since day one lol, not sure if you saw the first aquascape i ever did, its not in this TJ as i started the tank over again after a month but it was just one rock in the middle of the tank with a green hammer on it lol, starting to look alot more like a reef now tho! few more hammers on the left bommie, a clam between the morphs and the zoas, an elegence coral in place of the scolly, acans around the bottom of the right hand zoa bommie, and then im not sure what else to do with the zoa bommie on the right?? looks abit plain, any ideas? i tried out an SPS frag i got from @chimeara but its browning out on the frag rack so i think il stay clear of SPS lol. add a pair of perc clowns and a redline cleaner shrimp and then time to sit back and enjoy the tank!
still not even at the 4 month mark with the tank yet either! once everything is added and running a little while longer im going to look into using zeovit lps amino and see if i can bring the colours out a little bit more

MichaelBinns

Jan 20, 2013
Melbourne
It's lightening outside so I just put my illumagic to p2+lightening, I wonder how my fish will react lol, I haven't seen it go off yet!

Also just made a new purchase from @reeflections IM super excited about, picking it up tomorrow :p

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I saw, super jealous! I love my watchman ... but he's no yellow watchman.

My pistol-goby pair are my favourite things in the tank, even if the pistol is a pain in the ass with his shoveling substrate everywhere. Worth putting up with.

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
been a while since i ventured onto this TJ! everything is looking shmick Michael! well done! ant wait to see you deck this tank out with the proposed acans and micros :) really top stuff though! gaahhh i want a bigger tank haha

MichaelBinns

Jan 20, 2013
Melbourne
IMG_4306.JPG
IMG_4307.JPG
IMG_4309.JPG
some quick snaps of my new additions, a yellow watchman goby and shrimp pair, when i first introduced them they settled at the back of the tank under a rock, virtually impossible to see, was not impressed with this so i removed every single rock in the tank except the one i wanted them under, made a cave with my finger and ushered them under it, then replaced all the other rock back in, and now they have stayed there in full view from the front of the tank, well worth the effort moving everything lol, did a slight rescape too, i think it looks better.

Attachments

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Thats good work! Hmm wonder if maybe I can get away with one more fish.... though I already have at least two pistols running around

Have fun watching those suckers play :cool:

MichaelBinns

Jan 20, 2013
Melbourne
IMG_4334.JPG
IMG_4333.JPG

something is laying eggs i think? what do you think? looks like someone has spat on the black glass of my tank? ussume it is just the turbo snails but would be very excited if it was something else?? thoughts everyone?

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
View attachment 15445View attachment 15446View attachment 15447 some quick snaps of my new additions, a yellow watchman goby and shrimp pair, when i first introduced them they settled at the back of the tank under a rock, virtually impossible to see, was not impressed with this so i removed every single rock in the tank except the one i wanted them under, made a cave with my finger and ushered them under it, then replaced all the other rock back in, and now they have stayed there in full view from the front of the tank, well worth the effort moving everything lol, did a slight rescape too, i think it looks better.
Sick as, you've gotten a watchmen goby.