Tank Journal Archive

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
a couple of shots taken this morning.

IMG_0599.jpg

A star that came as a hitch hiker on the live rock. Don't see him that often, it is only the size of a 20c coin.
IMG_0608.JPG

One of the new Spotted Mandarins. Seem to have settled in well.
IMG_0601.jpg
IMG_0612.jpg

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
Are your mandarins out and about all the time? I only see mine about every three days or so. Never had much to do with them before so not sure if it is normal.

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
Been a while so time for an update, everything is going well. The Mandarins are now taking frozen brine shrimp and starting to put on a bit of weight. All my corals appear to be going good except for a Lobo that has been retracting for a few months and isn't looking too happy.

New addition to the tank is a Fairy Wrasse, not sure what type so any I.D. would be appreciated:). The LFS said possible an Exquisite or a Lubbock's.
IMG_2524.JPG
IMG_2542.JPG
IMG_2562.JPG

The first two fish that went in the tank, and still going strong. Doubled (maybe tripled) in size.
IMG_2563.JPG

IMG_2569.JPG

Full tank shot

IMG_2571.JPG

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
Just a few shots with the iPhone.

Picked up this yesterday.
IMG_0638.JPG
IMG_0655.jpg

Strombus Snail checking out the Eagle eyes.
IMG_0650.JPG

Orange Fungia still going strong (the photo doesn't do the colour justice)
IMG_0653.JPG

Side shot
IMG_0652.jpg

From the front.
IMG_0646.jpg

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Looking good, nice new addition too! My only ric is about 8mm across and never sure if its still kicking or gone, always good to see a healthy one.

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
We have been curing the live rock in my tank for a month or so and transferred it all over today, with water from my tank. We will set up a tank journal soon. Here's how it looks today.
image.jpg

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
That's a cool looking wrasse, no idea what it is though. looking forward to seeing your little mans tank progress.

Are they the eagle eyes you grabbed off me? Geez they have multiplied.

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
Hey @Joshwaaaa, this is a different bunch that we bought down the hill that were all closed up and looking a little sad so we didn't know what we were getting but they were in the bargain bin and very cheap. Turned out to be eagle eyes. So turned out to be a good score. They are a different shade to the ones I got from you, so if you ever want a frag let me know, I have a couple ready to go.The ones you gave me are going strong they have doubled since I got them so now about 10-12 heads.

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
My guess on the wrasse would be a Cirrhilabrus lubbocki - Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse.

Your tank is looking good :)
Thanks @MagicJ, I will be happier when I can get all the bits and pieces for my son out of my tank and clear the place out a bit.
Thanks for the help on the i.d.

BoratJr

Mar 20, 2013
Wollongong
Hey @Darren S love the aqua reef 400 looks great,the Zoas you have are really nice..

Your son's nano is looking really good too, the scape is fantastic. The light dont look to bad at all..

Cheers..