Tank Journal Archive

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
These ones are really cool, I will take a better photo when they have settled in. They are from a customer from one of the LFS I frequent. He sells them small frags. They are a bit pricey but all the frags were really nice colours and different to the normal stuff they get in.

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
Lost my Wrasse today, he decided to check out what it's like to sit on top of the glass under the T5s for a while. It was while I was doing a water change and didn't notice he had jumped up to try out sun baking. Pissed off that I didn't notice he wasn't in the tank when I finished.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Bummer mate! I lost my 2 in similar fashion, not a good way to go but then I guess no way really is. The six line doesn't seem to be bothered but neither did the others, just decided to do some acrobatics I guess and had an epic fail.

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
Thinking I will get another Wrasse, I will look at doing some modifications and be a bit more vigilant when doing cleaning/ water changes.

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
I am also looking at upgrading my lights. I am not sure whether to upgrade to 6x54w T5 or change over to LED. I don't want to start arguments but does anyone have any advice on which way I should go.

BoratJr

Mar 20, 2013
Wollongong
Hi Darren, I'm not an expert with lights but if your going to upgrade I would recommend LED.
They are a bit more expensive but I do believe they have much better lighting quality than T5.

Was only just at my LFS talking about LED's and looking how much different they are with one and other.
They also give your aquarium more of a sparkling affect to it, and the quality is a lot sharper.

Hope this helps. :)

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
I went with leds so that would be my preference but lately some have been going back to t5s but for mixed corals like I have leds make everything crisp and clear.

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
I went with leds so that would be my preference but lately some have been going back to t5s but for mixed corals like I have leds make everything crisp and clear.
Yeah, six months ago I was certain I would go LED but now a few people have told me they are changing back to T5s. So in the interim I have bought 4 geismann T5 tubes. Unfortunately when I went to install them I discovered that the Aquaone light fitting is falling apart. So now have another new one ( number3 ) on the way under warranty. I thought I would just upgrade the tubes so I could take a bit more time to make my decision.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
The Aquaone lights seem to be absolute crap whereas the rest of the tank and fittings seem really good, guess their product control is slack over at the lights.