Tank Journal Archive

All still going strong - the clowns love the torch :)

I don't have a lot of SPS but could manage a Dallas frag when you are ready. Could also manage some zoa's, green star polyps, morphs :)
Sounds good mate. Yeah ill message you when my tanks filled up and ready to go. I might have to have a chat to you about dosing, do you still use natural seawater and buffer it up?

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Just getting back into NSW - I was using ASW during the winter as my ability to collect regularly was hampered by the weather last winter.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
When I come home after work, one of the first things I usually do is feed the fish. When I did this Wednesday night I immediately noticed, as I think most of us would, that the firefish was not eating. I quick search located it behind the rocks, dead :( There were no visible signs of injury so not sure what happened, but this was my first fish to die in almost 2 years.

Moving on, some pictures of my Scolly after eating a piece of prawn

Scolly-2.jpg

Scolly-3.jpg

Scolly-1.jpg

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
That's sad about your fish mate, no sign of what might have caused it? :(
No sign at all - it obviously hadn't been dead long and there was no physical damage that I could see.

It would appear that the age span for these fish is 3 years +, with some references up to 15 years, but being wild caught I guess we will never know how old they are when we get them.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Thanks guys but mother nature made it, I am just trying to keep it alive so I can't take too much credit.

BTW @Synodontis - not sure if you remember that blue acro frag that I acquired during my last trip to Melbourne?? Despite everything that happened it did actually survive :eek

Blue-Acro-1.jpg

Blue-Acro-2.jpg

Apologies for the blurred picture but it is a bit hard to get past the other frags ;)

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
That is a wicked scolly mate! Nice pick up.

For what that frag went through it has to be a fighter to survive like that. I'm not sure but I think we (you & us) have the only two frags of that piece from the day that have survived. Just shows how "magic" your tank is hahaha. Well done! :)

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Looking forward to receiving a package in the mail on Thursday - a five back of goni frags :

1 x red
1 x sunset tequila
1 x fluro green steam with purple tips
1 x blue
1 x peach/ivory

+ a Rainbow monti frag :)
Nice, I saw that pack, looked amazing!

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
Nice work Magic :) things are looking fantastic
I'm with Sarg .. where did the goni frags come from ? And the rainbow monti